Continue reading “Spring 2014 Must-Have Item: The White Jacket”
New Store Opening: P.S. KIDS from Aeropostale
you heading to the mall this weekend? Stop by and see me at the Grand Opening of a brand new store: P.S., the super-cool kids’ line from Aeropostale! I will be there Saturday, May 4th, from 2pm until 5pm, giving out gift cards, candy bars, and having all kinds of FUN!!!
Oh yes, I said “giving out gift cards…” Want to win one of my $25 gift cards? Read on…
SIGN UP here: www.psmoms.com, to be a P.S. Mom! They will send you a $25 gift card to spend opening weekend!!! AND, come join me this Saturday, from 2pm-5pm at Boise Towne Square Mall. (Event info HERE.) I’m bringing my little girl – we can dress up our sweethearts and take pictures on the “photo op” backdrop! There will be entertainment, giveaways ($100 to two lucky winners; one Saturday and one Sunday!), and CANDY BARS to keep the kids busy. 😉
THE OTHER GIVEAWAY… Yup, there’s more!!! You can also enter my Giveaway contest for one of three $25 gift cards (to redeem at a later date than the grand opening – whenever you want!) in two easy steps:
1. SIGN UP to be a PS Mom at www.psmoms.com (they’ll send you a $25 gift card, PLUS you enter to win another one from me!)
2. COMMENT here that you signed up! I’ll select a winner Friday night. I can mail you the gift card, OR you can come get it from me in person at the Grand Opening event Saturday – your choice! 🙂
Hope to see all you fabulous moms soon!
P.S., Oh, and ONE MORE THING!!! If you print out this page (see the image up top? That’s a coupon!) and bring it with you Saturday, you will indeed receive an extra 30% off all your purchases! 😀 Gift cards, discounts, candy bars… it’s going to be so much fun!!!
Trend Alert: Prima Ballerina!
you seen “Black Swan“ yet? It’s definitely an intense film (parents, this one’s not for kids!!) I was blown away by the amazing performances, the brilliant plot, and of course, the fabulous costumes! 🙂 Ballerina style is fascinating and appealing, because it manages to be classic, restrained, elegant, and totally girly, all at the same time! The important thing to keep in mind is that a little goes a long way. Don’t add more than 2 ballet elements to your outfit – any more than that, and you look like you’re on your way to rehearsal!
The “ballerina” style of dress is already hitting the stores, so here’s a quick tutorial on How To Dress ballet-style, even if you’ve never worn a tutu! ;-D
Color pallet ~
White/cream, grey, black, pink (muted shades like champagne, pastel, peach, rose, and mauve), and sometimes purple.
- Legwarmers! You’ll know if you can pull this off or not – it’s not for everyone. 😉 I happen to love legwarmers in the winter time, because they mean I can still wear dresses, skirts, and shorts despite the frigid cold! Layer over tights, leggings, or jeans.
- Wrap weater. I already have one of these in my closet (from Target, years ago), and you might, too! They are a classic wardrobe staple. I was in the Gap yesterday, and their Gap Body section has these in a variety of colors! I like to layer mine over a tank/cami with jeans, or over a simple dress. With their snug wrap and bow, you feel like a sweet little present!
- Tights & leggings. Sleek, fitted, and subtle, they keep you warm and slenderize your figure.
- Skirts. Look for skirts that are fluffy, flouncy, and lightweight, without being too costumey. The point is to look like you could sweep into a pirouette at any time! I found this one at Forever 21 – isn’t it cute?? 🙂
- Shrugs. In Black Swan, Nina’s shrugs hid her secret wounds. Look for shrugs in different shapes & fits; like legwarmers, shrugs aren’t for every body. Try things on until you decide what works for you!
Ballerina style is timeless and elegant. Straighten your shoulders, hold your head high, and twirl your way through this classic style!
(See you soon – I’ll be stalking the winter coat clearance racks for Natalie’s gorgeous pink coat…) ;-D